December 02, 2003

Readers Wouldn't Buy Security Products From Microsoft

SecurityPipeline has an article discussing InternetWeek's poll where their "Readers Wouldn't Buy Security Products From Microsoft". This isn't all that shocking, put you got to read the comments. Some are really good... while others are very anti-Microsoft koolaid.

In case you haven't heard, InternetWeek did a poll of their readers to see how receptive they are to Microsoft's new "Securing the Perimeter" tactics that Ballmar has been talking about. But only a meager 18 percent, or 164 of the 889 respondents to InternetWeek.com's unscientific poll, said yes when asked if they would buy security products from Microsoft. The remaining 82 percent, or 725 respondents, said no.

Ouch.

Posted by SilverStr at December 2, 2003 09:25 AM | TrackBack
Comments

Yea, well, with MS's track record, you'd have to be nuts to trust them. Hell, they can't even write a fucking word processors that's not exploitable, and they expect people to not only use, but buy security products from them?

If I were to be nice, I'd say that in the computer world (as it is now), windows/macos10 belongs on the desktop, and linux/unix/bsd/anythingbutsco belongs as the firewall to protect those desktops.

Posted by: Arcterex at December 2, 2003 09:29 AM